Saturday, November 03, 2007

Passing the time

I thought I would create another slide show to practice for when we post from China. These are a bunch of photos from the last few months. The kids all swam for a summer swim team and had a great year. Noah played football for the Cougars. We went to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield which is about an hour away. We also took Josh's best friend from Georgia (who came to visit us for a week in September) to St. Louis where we took in the Arch (the picture of the kids in a round box is actually like the cars that take you up to the top--think of an combination elevator-train that constantly shifts to stay level) and the St. Louis Zoo.

We cannot wait for Sarah Beth to get here so we can take her to our favorite places in Chicago and St. Louis. We certainly miss the South, but Bloomington is a great place to live. We have many dear friends and it is neat to see God's hand in our move to Illinois.

If you haven't checked out the other blogs that we link to, please take some time (be careful because you will be at it forever since those sites also link to other sites about adoptions from China) as you will be absolutely amazed at the incredible stories that have unfolded and are unfolding.

We are "practice packing" this weekend to see how we can fit everything in and still meet strict weight rules for International flights. So far, we are cautious optimistic than we can do it.

We leave on Friday! Unbelievable! Sarah Beth is so close.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the pics of the Arch and Lincoln museum and I was thinking of how those will soon be pics of the Millers at the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square. I cannot wait!! I am so excited for you all to get your precious Sarah Beth in your arms. I am sure I will hear Melissa's "squeal" clear back here in Bloomington. Much love and prayer to you...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ABBY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the blog. Although it makes me realize how far away I am and how much I miss! The Ladybug picture especially! I love you all and can't wait to meet Sarah Beth.