Pizza and ice cream, what a combo! Sarah Beth loves to eat just about anything and when it is really good, she sighs! So cute. She loves to feed everyone as we mentioned in the earlier post, and many times it is soggy. She has us wrapped doesn't she?
As I am typing she is rolling around on the floor with Noah, giggling. We are having a little problem with her hitting and she giggles at this as well so we are working on this. She is quite opinionated about high chairs and strollers, which is a nice way to say she SCREAMS when placed in them. Anyone experienced this before? She can pitch one big fit about her dislikes. Guess she is getting much more comfortable with us!!
She loves to copy whatever we do and says one word over and over. It sounds like uh-mah. She gets the biggest smile when we repeat it back to her. She is walking around now trying to put socks on everyone. She is doing much better with Daddy. She actually reached out for him to hold her today. YEA!!!! Maybe we can get pictures of Chad holding her now.
We visited a Chinese church this morning. We did recognize the tune of some familiar hymns which was so sweet. I kept thinking of how wonderful it is that God recognizes all our languages. It was great to hear praises to God in Chinese. The people were so warm and I was brought to tears by the light of Christ on their faces. Some said, "God bless you," to us. We will go again next Sunday and try the English service.
Love you all SO MUCH and appreciate your posts. They are such a blessing. To those who asked she seems to wear about 12-18months. Although she is long, she is very thin. Wish we could be enjoying some Chick fil A right about now, Holland family. Wrenn, with all your connections, could you ship us some(smile).
We went to a children's wholesale clothing market today. Wow, I like to shop and all but this was overwhelming. Building after building and floor after floor of baby and children's stuff. We got a few things but with the miles of clothes and all the cigarette smoke, I was glad to be out of there. This was not a favorite of the kids!! Had we known what a crazy place, we would not have opted to go. Oh well, it was quite the experience. Let me sign off to Josh and give SB and bath. Hugs to everyone--WE MISS YOU!!!
(Josh is now posting)
Ok, well I decided that I wanted to post for the first time so "Hello!" I'm going to talk about SB. Lately I have been calling her Oscar--Oscar the Grouch. I've been calling her that because she may be sweet normally but man can she get grumpy.
Just a few seconds ago she was screaming her head off after she got out of the bath tub and was getting her pajamas on. Typically what gets her mad is putting her down, putting her in a stroller, and putting her in a high chair. Our guide said that she was spoiled in foster care and held a lot. Well she sure gets held a lot around here =]
Sometimes I bet she feels like a hot potato getting passed around from kid to kid every 2 seconds and having people fight about her and have tug-of-war with her. I'm surprised she hasn't been torn in half yet. Well, I didn't have much to say just thought I'd post and tell you about Oscar "The Grouch" Miller. Bye!




13 comments:
Josh, Mr. Arnold was Oscar the grouch as a child...He has mostly grown out of it. :)
She is SO loveable! I praise the Lord that she had such great foster care. God knew just where He was sending her and all those arms that would desire to hold her. Thank the Lord for that "fire" in her. He put that there too. Bridget and I were talking about that the other day and how we see that in Selah, Shaylee, and Ari. They have this inner strength...the Wonderful Maker knew she would need it. As with all of us our greatest "strengths" can be our greatest "weakness". We are praying for you and missing you! Get home already...Love, Amy
Good Morning(or whatever it is to you)
I am so glad to hear that some normalcy has begun for everyone. She sounds as though she has always been one of the family with an honest nickname and all! I love it!! I also wanted you to know that our post chapel is praying for all of you and your safe travel(and return home!)
Thanks for all of the wonderful posts and pictures-they are truly priceless- just like Sarah Beth!
Jennifer
Dear Miller Family,
It is so much fun to read about your experiences and see the new pictures each day. Thank you for making us a part of this special time in your lives. We love you and miss you. Although China (And Illinois) is quite a distance, you are so close in our hearts! May God continue to bless these first days with your new daughter! Our prayers and thoughts are always with you!! Love, Becky
Sarah Beth is a girl after my own heart - M&M's AND Dove Bars. :) Her eyes just continue to show more life with each group of pictures you add. It's so great to hear her showing her personality - grouchiness and all.
Jason prayed for you guys in church this morning. He prayed that God would show you more about who He is through this trip. What an amazing prayer! I echo it. I pray that you ALL come back knowing Him in a way you never imagined before you left.
Keep enjoying your time there. You are missed and prayed for and here! We CANNOT wait until you all get home!
Love, Sherry
I am going to try to leave a comment once again... I have not had much luck before now, but I am just itching to let you know how much we are enjoying your posts and pictures. It is such a blessing to see you all enjoying Sarah Beth so much! She is so precious. I'm glad to hear that she is getting more and more comfortable with you all the time. We are praying for you constantly and can't wait to see you all again.
Haven't been successful sending but I keep trying.
Laura
Hello Millers!!
I'm so glad that I am now caught up on Sarah Beth (we've been out of town). Oh - how adorable!! She looks like she has always been a part of your family - a true Miller!!
Do you think she'll like sweet tea?? That will be the true test you know!! Zaxby's - Chick-fil-A (she has to love 'em since she's a Miller)
God has truly blessed ya'll with a perfect fit for your family. He is amazing!!!
Can't wait to see ya'll when you get home - we miss you bunches!!
Love you guys!! Sheri
PTL!!!!! I can write to you now!!!!!! I could read all of your comments and view the pictures while I was away. I'm sooooo excited for you! After being with my niece, I'm wanting a little girl to spoil. Could you bring us one home?
God's awesome plan for Sarah Beth was made long ago because she truly looks like a Miller.
We miss everyone! Tell Sarah Beth we can go to Target when she gets home. Can't wait to spoil one more Miller!
We are sending you all a big Hug!
Love & Blessings,
Laura & Alan
Windsor wants to go see Molly, maybe on Monday.
Melissa we had the same problem with Ally and the stroller. We bought it right after we got her and I thought for a while we had wasted our money. She finally started riding in it when we were in Guangzhou. So I guess it was about the 4th or 5th day we had her. She would scream the first couple of days. We really wanted her to ride in it especially at the airport. Try riding her around in the hotel and kind of playing with her in the stroller a little. We would get the kids out in the hall and we would chase them in the stroller. Love the pics. Keep posting them. The Harkni Family.
Sounds like she is calling for her foster mom as that is what Shelby would call out as well. It means "eldest female" in Chinese. Glad she is eating better. Praying for you all.
An additional note to Doug's stroller comment. S and L would "tease/bribe" her with those little Gerber fruit puffs and feed them to her as they pushed her down the hotel hallways. Sort of like a "carrot" for a racing bunny! I think they used Cheerios -- Lauren even rode in the stroller and Aly liked that. So, put Abby in the stroller and feed her treats as Josh pushes her! Maybe SB will like that! Just a thought!
I talked to Donna today and they are trying to get back to "normal"!
Love the pizza and chocolate! Josh we loved your post. We all do show our Oscar faces at times. Miles always showed his when it came to the stroller or carseat. How is the carseat? Wrenn says his nuggets wouldn't be much good by the time they arrived! I am sure they would be confiscated first!!! What are your plans for Thanksgiving Day?
Melissa,
Please pray for a college friend of mine in Charlotte, Julie Carpenter, who was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. Her surgery is Tuesday at CMC. Thank you for lifting her and her family up.
WE LOVE YOU!!
The Hollands
Miller family - my heart is overflowing with wonderful memories of my journey to China and joy to see the invisible red thread of Sarah Beth come to life with all of you. I have loved all of the posts and photos - my question is - who has tried the congee??
Post a Comment