Monday, November 19, 2007

Another leisurely day




Today we went to the Children's Park which is like a mini-carnival area in the city. Mostly, the rides were geared to younger kids, but the kids did enjoy the carousel and bumper cars. There was an area like the Barn at Stone Mountain where you could shoot foam balls at each other that was a lot of fun as well.

The park was next to a KFC so that is where we went to lunch. Afterwards, we came home and hung out. After dinner, Josh babysat everyone and Melissa and I went to Starbucks and a children's clothing store.

One nice change is that Sarah Beth no longer completely shuns Chad...just some of the time. Here are a couple of pictures from our day. I love the one of Melissa and Sarah Beth. Melissa had put her on the ride right beside her and when it started going she was not happy at all, so Melissa took her off and was settling her when I snapped the picture.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I cried when I saw the pictures. I sit here holding Jake and imagine you across the world cuddling Sarah Beth! God is so awesome! She is gorgeous. Those eyes! I cannot wait to meet her and for you to meet Jake. I can relate to the sleeping in her own bed thing. (haha) If I need to wake Jake to feed him, I just lay him in his cradle and he wakes right up. :) He sleeps really well in our bed though!
Love you all,
Rachel

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey guys! Sounds like you are settled in, calling the Victory "home"! Ally spent most of her time in China with her head on my (or S or L) shoulder, just like SB! She is sitting in her high chair with playdoh right now. This will be quite a Thanksgiving, huh, whether in China or the USA!

Sheri Lyn said...

LOVE the picture of Sarah Beth laying her head on your shoulder, Melissa!! Makes my heart melt!!

Counting down the days for your return!!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving memory your family will have!! So much to be thankful for - four precious, God given, adorable children!!

Praying for ya'll!!

Love,
Sheri

thomasfamily said...

Hi all,
I love seeing the picture of Sarah Beth with Daddy. Josh, you are a great blogger. Keep it up! I spent Sunday morning at church with the toddlers. I thought much of Sarah Beth as I chased them, sang and played with them. We love you and are praying for continued bonding and attachment and especially restful days until you return home... as a family of six! xoxo, Amy

thomasfamily said...

I was just looking at the pictures again and noticed Sarah Beth is wearing one of the outfits you got at Target when I was in Illinois. Made me smile! Love you!

Amy said...

Sarah Beth knows her "comforter". What a sweet picutre of her and her mama. Abby looks awful delighted to bump into her big brother Josh...ever so gently I am sure. Praising God for Sarah Beth softening toward her daddy. I remember Jason talking about the day he set his mind to it and took Nina out telling her today was the day she was going to start liking him. You will be missed at Bible study tongiht..we will pray for you all. Psalm 28 :7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Sanders Family said...

Hey guys hope y'all are doin' well!
This morning I woke up and thought to myself "Oh great, it's Monday, the weekend is over, and I have school." But then I remebered your blog so I jumped out of bed and got on to find that you had posted once again! We're prayin' for you you every day, and your always in our thoughts. Thanks for being my motivator this morning!

Anxiously waiting for you to come home!
Elliot

The Clements said...

Every day I look at your pictures and imagine that Neil and I will be there in just a few days! Unbelievable! I am just soaking up everything you write and wondering if Daniel will bond with us as quickly and easily as Sarah Beth is bonding with you all. I pray it is so. We are rejoicing that God has blessed your family with such a dear little one.

Teresa said...

Melissa,
I had to go back and post on this one, too, now that I have everything figured out. I have a similar picture at home of Hannah and I. It sure brings back wonderful memories. It is so good to see that she knows you are her mommy. What an awesome feeling. Hannah is standing next to me just soaking in all of the pics. She loves seeing people in China bringing home more babies. The only problem is she keeps asking when we can go to get her little sister. See you soon. Teresa