Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ladybugs


In China, the ladybug is a symbol of good luck. If you go back to our first entry you can see the place that "luck" has in our adoption story.

Tonight, Abby and our neighbors' daughters from China (Selah and Shaylee) went trick-or-treating as ladybugs. It was so cute to see!
Having the girls so close has really helped us all during our wait. They absolutely love our kids.
It will be quite a sight when Sarah Beth joins in. Also, our neighbors, the Arnolds, will be adding a Chinese daughter to the mix soon!
It is amazing to think we will be leaving in just over a week. All of our travel plans are now finalized. We will post again shortly to give the run down of our time in Guangzhou.

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Ally was originally going to be a lady bug too, but the part of having the antennaes on her head weren't so fun. So, she was a 50's girl!

You had better know that we will now be the ones waking up every AM to see what you post to your blog. I'm pretty sure you can get free internet at Starbucks on Shamin Island (in case your hotel charges - the WS charged for internet, so I would guess the V will as well)

Alyssa Marie said...

Hi my name is Alyssa Garvin and im really good friends with Amy Arnold. I am currently spending a semester in China and was in Beijing for the past week. I read in your blog that you are getting ready to travel to pic up your baby. I had the opportunity to visit little Libi in her orphanage. I also had the opportunity to visit the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven and the Forbidden City. They are all great sites to see and im sure that you will really enjoy them. I will be praying for you as you travel and as you add this sweet little one to your family! In Him, Alyssa