I just wanted to post some sweet comments from the kids:
-she is PERFECT for our family
-I love her so much I can't stand it
-she is SO beautiful
-she's a keeper
-ahh... she is such a cutie
-I love you, Oscar
-gross, she just fed me a soggy cracker, was that in her mouth first??
-Oohh, is that drool running down my arm??
-ouch, that was my eye!! No hitting, Sarah Beth (she smiles)
Having the kids here is the biggest blessing. They have helped her become so much more comfortable and silly. Her first smiles came because of them. If anyone is wondering if they should bring the kids, the Millers shout a big yes!!
Abby got in our bed last night about 1:30 because she was restless so I slept on her roll a bed. At about 4:30 I got up to check on them and saw the cutest sight. Sarah Beth stretched out on her back, arms up over her head, so peaceful b/w her sissy and Daddy. I cannot believe she is ours. I finally know what you mean, Lucy! To have looked at that little face on the computer for a couple of months, loving her, praying for her and just wondering. Well, now the wondering is gone and she is ours, so worth the wait and more. I cannot wait for you, Amy, Sherry, Lora and Laura, my dear friends, to get your precious babies.
Bridget, I cannot wait for Selah, Shaylee, and Sarah Beth to play. They are going to be adorable, and I cannot wait to see your girl's faces. She will hold her own, my little spirited one. She can pinch with the best of them but instead of saying, sorry, sorry,sorry, she just smiles!
She made some wonderful progress yesterday! When she is in our room she is so confident and laughs and runs around but out in public it is a different story. She clings to us for dear life and refuses to walk or practically look at anyone. It would break my heart because it is like she is so afraid someone is going to take her from us. Yesterday she was so much better. She smiled and walked around which was so good. I can see her trust and confidence growing which is a blessing. Everyday is one step forward for her.
Our guide commented a couple of times yesterday about how secure she is with our family. Thank you, Jesus, for answering all those prayers. Last night she only slept clinging to my chest for about an hour and then I was able to move her to the bed and the fact that I slept in the other room and she did not wake up crying was great!!
Questions-
Lucy, what were some of the gifts you brought back for Ally to give to her later?
DonnaJ, please let me know your "order" again b/c I can't find it in my suitcase.
Some of you asked what our plans were for Thanksgiving. Josh said he wanted Peking Duck so I guess we will. Abby says she refuses to eat anything with a head staring back at her. After this trip she says she is becoming a vegetarian!! I might join her. She and I are eating lots and lots of fruit and we love the noodles and rice. SB too!!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Ally is still way more comfortable at home than when we go some where. She just came into the kitchen with just her shoes on and I do mean just her shoes.
Lucy said we got her pearl earings, pearl necklace, a jade bracelet, a glass globe with her Chinese name in it. We also got her several outfits in various sizes.
US air sent me an email that flights from Atlanta to Beijing were on sale for $380 roundtrip. Lucy and I almost hopped on a plane to come see you guys.
I am constantly looking at Ally and saying to myself she is absolutely beautiful. She makes me laugh everyday and I can't wait to get home to see her. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving break and Christmas with our new addition. Chad hang in there. I emailed Belinda today. I told her to make you buy her an ice cream.
Hi Sarah Beth! We saw your Grandma and Grandpa today. We also played with Molly! It was so quiet at your house, it really seemed strange. I can't wait until you're home with your siblings to really make some noise!
You are now registered at Toys R Us and Target, just in case you want to do some shopping when you get home. If you like McDonald's, I go there every afternoon for a Coke.
Noah, I saw Sutton get off the bus today, he's waiting for you to return!
Abby,I think there are 2 more girls ready to join you in the bathtub when you get back.
Josh,your guitar is getting rusty.
You may have to tune it.
Give that little sis a hug from us.
She really is too cute, adorable, perfect, beautiful, and oh yes, every bit a Miller!!!!!
Alan leaves tommorrow am. He'll be back next Tues..
BooBoo and I will be waiting for ya all to come home!!!!
Love ya!
Hi!!!
Here is my shopping list...3 18" pearl necklaces (white or ivory), and 2 american Girl Doll outfits (2 different colors...purple and red or pink if you can get that choosy).
I love reading your blog every day! It is so much fun to hear about your adventures. Sarah Beth sounds like a little imp...just like No-No-Noah was! My only regret is that there is alot of United States between Miss. and Ill. I am so jealous of your new friends that will see her immediately!
Give everyone lots of hugs and kisses from me and Amy! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving in China with your beautiful new daughter! We love you bunches and bunches!
DonnaJ
I've not been able to post lately-our computer is fickle! You all look so wonderful and SB is coming to life- God knew she needed that time in China-uninterrupted by the hustle and bustle of home. OK, you've done everything imagineable in Guangzhou! It would appear that you've made yourself at home there-don't get too comfortable, we need you back.
Much love, Laura
Okay...I am really proud of myself. I made it quite awhile since my last post...but OH! I just can't stand it! I'm totally addicted to this bolg. I cannot believe all that God has done! It seems like there was never life without Sarah Beth. Okay, so Melissa, to this waiting mama...does the time seem like a blur now? Abby, I wholeheartedly agree about the eating anything that is looking back at me thing! You will have to prepare me. Your thoughts of a Thanksgiving feast in China remind me of that scene from the movie "A Christmas Story" when they are forced to eat their Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant because everything else is closed. They serve them duck, with the head still on it...the mom freaks out a little and they chop off the head with a big knife right in front of her! :) Have you seen that?? We prayed for you at Bible Study tonight...miss you!
Melissa - I updated all who were at our Wednesday Bible study (yesterday) on Sarah Beth and all ya'll have posted. Everyone is so excited for you and your family!
Praying for peaceful plane rides home - it will be here sooner than you think!! We can't wait!
Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy the noodles and fruit - Abbey! No duck for me either!! Katie and Courtney were talking about you last night - we went to Kobe and they were remembering your birthday party - they love and miss you bunches!!
Praying for ya'll!
Sheri
You got to go in! I wish I could do that. My favorite animal is a monkey. That looked fun. If I go to china I am going to try that. I got to go run thee race.
See ya'll,
Luke
Post a Comment