We sent pictures of the kids (actually, the picture in the previous post), our house, the pets, Chinese friends waiting for her, and this picture of our family that we took at Disney World this past May.
Unlike Melissa, I cannot say that it has truly hit me yet. In fact, several guys have mentioned that it did not hit them until they got to China. When I see her picture I see my youngest daughter, but it still feels surreal.
Although Sarah Beth is not physically in this picture, she is there in thought. The kids really got into pin trading during this trip. They are each wearing a special lanyard that was a surprise give-away from Disney. On each of their lanyards is a mouse ears pin with the flag of China. Josh, Abby, and Noah were allowed to exchange any other pin except that one.
It will be an awesome day when the Miller Family picture includes Sarah Beth!




3 comments:
Hi guys, I am so excited that you are getting closer! I am watching your blog. I would love for you to check out ours. Just click on our name at the top of our comment. We are praying for you! Susan
Chad -- I remember Doug looking at me the second day we had Ally and saying, "Thank you for not giving up on me. I can't even begin to imagine having missed this now that we actually have her." You will love her instantly! Can't wait!!!!!
Chad:
Great family picture. I'm keeping up on your blog and looking forward to reading about your travel and return with Sara Beth. My wife and I are LID Aug 1, 2006 and still have a long wait. It helps to see other's progress with their journey. Congatulations on your referral, you will soon have your new daughter to add to your family photos.
James T. in South Carolina
Post a Comment