A family in our church, Jason and Katie Brabson, are adopting a boy from Ethiopia (if you want to follow a story that will move you, check out their blog). Katie went to Addis Ababa to begin bonding with him so she could bring him home when everything was completed. She got there on September 26th believing that when the courts reopened in October (after Ramadan), the hearing would occur quickly.
Originally, they thought the court date would be October 16th, then the 18th, and then November 13! This past Sunday (October 21) at church we prayed for the Brabsons about this situation. Our specific prayer was that God would raise up someone who would intervene on their behalf.
That person was raised up! Today, the Ethiopian court signed off on the Brabsons adopting Samuel Mussie--he is now Samuel Mussie Brabson--due to the intervention of an attorney there named Yared. Simply miraculous!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hi Melissa! I work with Amy at EEC. Amy sent us your blog site today and it is just precious. I have smiled, cried, and thanked God for His blessings on you and your family. My husband and I adopted out of foster care on National Adoptions Day last year (Nov.14). We have been foster parents for almost 4 years. Our son is Danny. He is 7 years old now. I believe that God truly does birth adoption within people's hearts. It is amazing to me how God orchestrates the pages of our lives so He can write exciting new chapters! I just want to encourage you that God will work on your behalf and all things will go smoothely. He sees your heart and I am sure He smiles! May God bless you and your family on this amazing journey! With Love, Cathy Harcus~Panama City, Florida
Post a Comment