Friday, April 18, 2008

We are home!

We are home and Sarah Beth is still doing well. In fact, we have a prescription for pain reliever that we don't really need. She will be getting some before bed tonight though just so she can get a good sleep in.

Although she is happy to be home, she is faced with the reality that she has to stay on a soft diet (nothing firmer than pudding) until our follow up on Monday. In addition, she is not allowed to feed herself (the doctor does not want her to hit her palate with a spoon). Both of these things are driving her crazy!

Our experience in the hospital was so great due to the wonderful doctors and staff. They are so compassionate and caring. One neat thing is that the doctor who did Sarah Beth's surgery left early this morning for a mission trip to Honduras. He and a team will be doing cleft repairs for a week. One of our nurses during our stay has gone too. How cool is that?

I have been the blogger during the surgery because Sarah Beth wanted Melissa all the time, so I suspect that the next entry will be from Melissa. I hope she shares about the earthquake--it is pretty funny.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Praising God that you got home quickly!! What a trooper that little girl is. I just think of the mighty ways the Lord is going to use her strength and determination. Know that we will pray for continued healing and LOTS of rest!! I'm praying that the Lord with also give SB supernatural peace as you guys try to spoon feed her. :)

Josh, Abby, & Noah - This is the time to be asking for daily trips to DQ! Take advantage while you can use the excuse of caring of your sweet sister.

Love and ((((hugs))))! - Sherry

Steve and Darcy said...

How wonderful! I am SO glad that Sarah Beth is doing so well!! I have been thinking about her (and all of you) constantly. Our daughters have been praying for her as well. Even though Stephanie and Liz have never met her, they know who she is..."that's Danielle's friend from China!" Praise God for her healing!

Unknown said...

I thought to call today but knew it was a good day. Laura asked if I had talked to you and I said I didn't but I just knew she was perfect and on her way home.

Praise God for Sarah Beth's healing.

Amy said...

Guys, we are so thankful that Sarah Beth is doing well. I woke up the morning of her surgery and she was immediately on my mind. One thing that I have seen with Libi, that I think is true for all of these precious kids, is that God burdens the minds of believers all over the world for them. Let us know if you need us to run to DQ to get some "food" for Sarah Beth. I'd be happy to take the bullet and get it :)->-<

Brad

Donna said...

So glad she is doing great! I have to admit a little jealous though, but really happy for you guys.