Thursday, April 17, 2008

Success!

Just wanted to give a quick update...

Sarah Beth's surgery went very smoothly this morning. The tubes were put in and the palate was repaired. She is now in her room in the pediatric area and is pretty uncomfortable. As I left the room to come type this she was drinking from her bottle a little. We will see how she progresses. She calms herself by sucking her thumb normally and so that is difficult for her.

Melissa and I have seen quite a few doctors and nurses in our various moves, but I must compliment the Carle Medical system--their doctors, nurses, and support staff have been the best and most caring we have ever worked with.

More later, but thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Praise you Father...Great Healer and Protector! Thank You for your hand over this precious child!! We will continue to lift you up...keep us posted.

Steve and Darcy said...

Thanks for the update! We are so glad that all went well - we will continue to pray for a speedy and smooth recovery!