When you come to our blog, the first song you hear is a song by the David Crowder Band which is one of my favorites. This song really speaks something to me. When I hear it, I think of someone who was with Him during His time on earth and is encouraging others...come and listen, come and listen.
God is an amazing God whose ways are unsearchable and whose love is unfathomable. We just returned from a weekend away in Indianapolis with our very good friends, the Harknesses. I will post some pictures later, but this was an amazing weekend to look back many years (all the way to 1990 when we moved to Atlanta) and to see and hear what God has done in our lives. He is amazing (I know that word does not convey it well, but He is amazing).
I think back to teaching the youth at First Baptist Conyers with them (and chaperoning a DiscipleNow weekend with them), moving away from Conyers to Lawrenceville, seeing them move to Lawrenceville, having our first kids (Josh and Sarah were once Nudie Rudy and Nudie Judy), moving away from Lawrenceville to South Carolina, moving back to Atlanta, telling them that we were pursuing adoption from China, seeing God do a work in Doug's heart to embrace what was already in Lucy's heart--adopting from China, tying our paperwork together so we could travel to China together, agonizing over the ever growing delay with them, feeling bittersweet joy when they selected Ally from the waiting child list, understanding God's perfect plan when we saw that He was leading us to do the same thing and find Sarah Beth (which God used as well for the Sanders to find Zoe--they got her today!!), and then to rejoice with them when they shared that God was calling them to return to China for Alaina.
This weekend those memories flowed over me and showed me just how God perfectly orchestrates His will in our lives (and how old I am getting). We had a wonderful weekend with them that was just what I needed. I am in a season where I am wrestling with God about what He wants to do in our lives and not being able to see just how big He is. He is BIG, VERY BIG, and he reminded me of that this weekend.
Harknesses, we had a blast! Thank you for befriending us when we showed up at First Baptist Conyers those many years ago. We have been richly blessed by our friendship and had a great weekend with you. Who would have ever thought years ago when it was just the four of us that we would be asking for a reservation for 11 in 2008?!?
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
So good to see you guys together! Sarah Beth is growing up so fast....her hair has really gotten long! We hope to meet the Harknesses in Atlanta during the month of August. Sure do wish you all could be there too! Glad you are enjoying summer!
Beth Drafts
We, too, had so much fun (as always)! Yes, it is pretty amazing to look back to our Conyers days and how we met and became friends. Lots of fun memories, indeed! Many more to come too!
Hi Melissa,
It was great to meet you on Thursday. I loved this post because the part of our story that I didn't mention was the we started our journey at the same time the Arnolds did. Then He worked his plan and our girls arrived the same week the Arnolds were in China to get Libi. Truly amazing He is!!!! Here is our blog in case you want to see the crazy things we are up to. www.uphoffstuff.blogspot.com
Hello Millers,
Hope all is well with you and yours. We are getting back into the groove of school and work now that the summer is alomost over. We have decided that we will begin our adoption paperchase is Jan. 09 in hopes that Doug will be back home before it would be time to bring our baby girl home. We have started a blog to start testing the waters before things begin. I know that it will be a beautiful testimony to the work that the Lord is doing in our lives. A work that He alone is capable of and that He alone could fathom. I have you guys linked to our blog because your story speaks to so many other "average" families who are answering the call to adopt. Talk to you soon!
Jennifer
Post a Comment