Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Good-bye

Today, Melissa's parents flew home after a month here in Bloomington house-sitting/pet-sitting. I am sure they are happy to be home. In Bloomington, we continue to be socked in by an ice storm (today was the only respite from it), while in Florida it is sunny and 80 degrees. I loved this picture as everyone was watching them walk to their gate.
Sarah Beth continues to adjust well and is gaining more confidence each day. On Sunday, our friends hosted an open house for her. We thought it might be too much for her, but she had a great time. Thank you all for your wonderful, loving friendships! We would love to post some pictures of it, but our camera has been giving us some problems lately and none of the pictures came out (of course, it doesn't help that we dropped it on the last day we were in China).
For Sarah Beth, the jury is still out on this whole cold weather/snow/ice thing. Considering that in Guangzhou it is short sleeve weather we cannot blame her. We are looking forward to our swing south and ask that you all bottle some of the warm weather for us; we'll try not bring any cold weather with us!

7 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Its been too hot here. It does not feel like December. It was close to 80 again today. We miss you guys. When exactly will you be coming south?

Doug

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Yep - I considered putting the top down today while I was downtown - seriously - when the car thermometer hit 80, I thought about it! Miss you all! Lucy

Amy said...

Okay...I think the pictures on the red couch have convinced me! All the Arnold children need to go to CHINA! I can't stand the thought of not being all together for this. I think you would agree wholeheartedly! We just may have to join your home school crew when we get home! :) It has been a JOY and a privilege to be on this journey with you. Thank you for taking us along and WELCOME HOME!

Much love, Amy

Steve and Darcy said...

Hello Miller Family!
Glad to hear that things are going so well. We miss you, though! When are you coming to GA - we would love to see you and have you meet our other 2 little ones! Danielle is doing really well - thank God!
Darcy

Aaron D'man said...

Hey there Millers,

Wow! What a whirlwind of "new" for that sweet baby. She looks adorable all suited up for the cold. Hope all else is well. Can't wait to see some Christmas pictures, too. Keep the blogs coming, because you have created a new blog junkie.

Love Ya'
Jennifer

Alyssa Marie said...

Hey Miller family it was so great meeing you guys the other night at the movie theatre. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas. Hopefully I will see again soon. What a blessing to have Sarah Beth a part of your family she is beautiful! Here is the link to the blog that I kept during my time in China! Talk to you later :)
http://chinabound07.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Ok, enough is enough. When do we get to see new recent pics of that cutie pie???!!!